• 4/25- 4/28 Kindness Week
  • 4/10 No School/Grading Day
  • 4/9 Marking Period 3 Ends
  • 3/29-4/5 Spring Break
  • 3/25 Biotech Fair

Rho Kappa Makes Conrad History

On January 11, a new chapter of the Social Studies National Honors Society, Rho Kappa, was founded at Conrad when its members took an oath, becoming the second chapter to exist in the state of Delaware. This Honor Society is engaged specifically in promoting the ideals of citizenship and values of social studies in everyday life, while recruiting and recognizing the best and the brightest in the subject area. Rho Kappa seeks to connect the school to its community in order to build a constructive relationship and cultivate the spirit of civic duty among young people to become contributing members of a community under the banner “Knowledge, without service is useless”.

The entire organization was registered nationally and constructed from the ground up by AP social studies teacher, Mrs. Weldin who handpicked the top students of the school in social studies to found the new chapter. Rho Kappa was named after another contributing individual to its existence, Barbara Prillaman, a Doctor in Psychology who teaches at Conrad (far left in photo). Also featured on stage (left to right) are: Leigh Weldin, Caitlin Wisniewski, Madilyn Tiberi, Michael Yacucci, Paul Ryan, Arlett Ramirez, Rickey Howell, Assistant Principal, Andrew Vincent, Kayla Morill, Keeley Duffy, Ian Griffin, Caitlyn Dill, Micah Greenzweig, Nicole Kennedy, Declan Hendrix, Jacob Donovan, William Allen, Jordan Woodside, Naledi Gordy, Millicent Ayako, Social Studies Curriculum Director, Rebecca Reed, and Superintendent, Mervin Daugherty.