B+ Fundraising SUCCESS!

Katie+Dick%2C+Devon+Collazo%2C+Zack+Turner%2C+and+Amiya+Rattley+hold+up+the+check+for+%245%2C000+that+was+given+to+the+B%2B+Foundation%21+
Back to Article
Back to Article

B+ Fundraising SUCCESS!

Katie Dick, Devon Collazo, Zack Turner, and Amiya Rattley hold up the check for $5,000 that was given to the B+ Foundation!

Madeline Kuehn, Chief Editor

Along with the celebration of the new year, January marked a significant movement for Conrad Biomed. Under the direction of Robert Naylor, Biomed 3 students dedicated countless hours towards raising money for childhood cancer, through the B+ Foundation. This foundation was initiated through the efforts of Joe McDonough, who, unfortunately, lost his son, Andrew, to leukemia at age 14. His blood type was B+, hence the name of the foundation. This became Joe’s motivation to assist others in the fight against this fatal disease.

On January 15, Naylor and his Biomed 3 students hosted a dinner at Cranston Heights Fire Hall. The proceeds went to the B+ Foundation. It was a night directed towards the importance of family, great food, lively entertainment, and most importantly, it was a moment of reflection for those who have been impacted by cancer. To our amazement, Joe McDonough made an appearance at the event!

Recently, Conrad Drama pulled off a spectacular show–Little Shop of Horrors. Also under the direction of Naylor, the proceeds for the night of Friday, March 3 went towards the B+ Foundation. All in all, Conrad Biomed was able to write a check for $5,000! This deserves tremendous recognition, as it was a successful fundraiser. This will in turn, help raise awareness and funds for those families in need of a fighting chance against cancer.