Teen Hospitalized After Vaping

Credit to CNN

Credit to CNN

Christopher Saxton, Staff

Illinois teen Adam Hergenreder was told by the doctors that he had the lungs of a 70 year old even though he is only 17. Doctors claim that the teens lung damage came from a vaping device called Juul. The teen stated that he was having a hard time walking up the stairs and catching his breath until he was later hospitalized. Hergenreder was admitted into the hospital in late August, and doctors are saying that “it’s a good thing he came in so soon, otherwise his lungs would have collapsed.” Along with this Juul related injury, there has been over four hundred other Juul related injuries already this year.