• 4/25- 4/28 Kindness Week
  • 4/10 No School/Grading Day
  • 4/9 Marking Period 3 Ends
  • 3/29-4/5 Spring Break
  • 3/25 Biotech Fair

It Was Only A Scratch

On the 21st of November of 2019, Elon Musk, the co-founder and CEO of the electric car brand Tesla took the stage in California to announce the new car to be added to the Tesla collection. But this wasn’t just any car; this was the Cybertruck that is an electric-powered pick-up truck that could pull an f150.This is because the electric motor has more torque than a combustion engine. The thing that caught everyone’s eye though was its design, this truck wasn’t smooth and curved like most vehicles, rather it was blocky and had sharp edges. 

One of the main selling points of the truck was how durable it was. First, they hit a normal truck door with a sledgehammer what put a noticeable dent in it, next they hit the Cybertruck’s which only left a practically invisibly smudge. They then went on to drop metal balls on to its glass without any breaks. 

It featured bulletproof glass, or it was at least supposed to. While demonstrating the strength of the glass during the launch, one of Tesla’s designer Franz von Holzhausen threw a metal ball at the window of the truck which cracked the glass. “It didn’t go through,” commented Elon jokingly. 

Though this was quite embarrassing for Tesla, they have reportedly sold 250,000 pre-orders for the Cybertruck already. The next day after the launch Musk tweeted out “Guess we have some improvements to make before production haha” with a 20-second video of the truck getting hit with the same metal ball and the glass not breaking.