DIAA State Championship – Meet Recap

DIAA State Championship - Meet Recap

The RedWolves capped off their strongest indoor season on record with outstanding performances at the DIAA State Championship meet at University of Maryland, Eastern Shore on Saturday.

On the boys’ side, the 4X2 (Jaden Clarke, Jason Webb, Nick Hockenbrock, Mykola Stepaniak) ran a season-best time to finish 19th out of 32 teams; the 4X4 (Jaden Clarke, Jason Webb, Ulises Vazquez, Ben Horgan)  broke the school record and finished 11th out of 28 teams; and the 4X8 (Matt Metzler, Braeden Peterson, Ben Williamson, Andrew Hockenbrock) broke the school record and finished 13th out of 27 teams.
    On the girls’ side, Jordan Blanck, Mallory Holloway, Karen Tanner, and Alyssa Napier worked together to give Conrad a 7th place overall finish at the meet, leading the DSAC conference. Combined, the team ran the 4X8, setting the school record and finishing 3rd overall, and the 4X4, setting the school record and finishing 4th. Individually, Karen broke the school record in the 400m, finishing 4th in the state, with Jordan close behind, running a personal best and finishing 7th overall. Alyssa broke the school record in the 800m, finishing 3rd in the state. Mallory broke the school record in the 3200m, finishing 11th. Shout out to Addison for her support and Nick for taking amazing photos!
    Congrats to all of our athletes on an outstanding season!