• 4/25- 4/28 Kindness Week
  • 4/10 No School/Grading Day
  • 4/9 Marking Period 3 Ends
  • 3/29-4/5 Spring Break
  • 3/25 Biotech Fair

Winter T&F Meet Recap: TH and Army HOF

The Redwolves Winter T&F team had a busy weekend. We kicked off competition at Tower Hill on Friday night, where several athletes had the opportunity to compete for the first time this season. Athletes in our field events had strong performances with Kayla Williams throwing a school record and hitting the auto state qualifying mark in the girls shot put, Karen Tanner finishing 1st in the girls long jump, and Parker White throwing a personal best in the boys shot put. On the track, senior Nathan Cho made his season debut breaking his own school record in the boys 55m hurdles and 8th grader Sebastian Bergstrasser wrapped up the evening breaking the school record in the boys 3200m run.
    On Saturday, a smaller crew lit up the track at the Armory in NYC. Competition kicked off with a school record in the boys Distance Medley Relay featuring Joey Dello Bueno, Jason Webb, Ulises Vazquez, and Braeden Peterson. On the boys’ side, 2 more school records fell during the meet: Jason Webb in the 300m, and Ulises Vazquez in the 600m.
    The girls Distance Medley Relay, featuring Jordan Blanck, Karen Tanner, Alyssa Napier, and Mallory Holloway, broke their own school record running the fastest DMR in Delaware this season, ranking them 10th in the US, and earning them 5th place medals. The same team went on to break the school record in the 4X800m relay, running the 2nd fastest time in Delaware so far this season, and earning them 7th place medals. Both relays met national qualifying marks. Alyssa Napier had a huge day, breaking her own school record in the 300m, ranking her 3rd in Delaware this season.
    The team looks ahead to their final regular season competition at Tower Hill on Jan 28.