• 4/25- 4/28 Kindness Week
  • 4/10 No School/Grading Day
  • 4/9 Marking Period 3 Ends
  • 3/29-4/5 Spring Break
  • 3/25 Biotech Fair

Former NFL Player Phillip Adams involved in Murder-suicide

Former NFL player Phillip Adams fatally shot five people, including a prominent doctor, his wife, and their two grandchildren, before later killing himself on Wednesday. Dr. Robert Lesslie, 70, and his wife, Barbara, 69, were pronounced dead at the scene Wednesday, along with their grandchildren Adah Lesslie, 9, and Noah Lesslie, 5. A man who had been working in the home, James Lewis, 38, was found shot to death outside. A sixth victim, Robert Shook, 38, was flown to a Charlotte hospital, where he was in critical condition. On Saturday, April 10, the sole survivor in the deadly Rock Hill shooting died from his injuries, according to the York County Coroner. Despite being shot several times, Robert Shook was able to call his supervisor at GSM Services, who then made the first 911 call related to the shooting. Robert Lesslie had worked for decades as an emergency room doctor, board-certified in both emergency medicine and occupational medicine and serving as emergency department medical director for nearly 15 years at Rock Hill General Hospital, according to his website. Adams played in the NFL from 2010-2015 after a collegiate career at South Carolina State. He suited up for 78 total games with six different teams. Investigators were unable to pinpoint a possible motive in the crime of these murders. The brain of former football player Phillip Adams, who gunned down five people in South Carolina before dying by suicide, will be examined by researchers looking for possible CTE, officials said Friday.