• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Depressions of Creativity: A Paradox of One’s Self

The striving artist, a phase that almost every artist or musician goes through, a time of distortion. To be so consumed by false realities that yours becomes a spiraling whirlpool of ideals and depression. Depressions that are rooted in the primary fact that no emotion that you convey can be validated due to the basis of your work. Your ability to convey emotion out of thin air and to falsely represent your work to your mind causes an almost bipolar attachment to your reality and your work. If this attachment is not clear then bleeding occurs, and your work becomes your reality. You survive in dreams, you say you are starving though you are comfortable, a great disillusion that prevents any real feeling from shining through. So, an artist cannot be happy, right? To believe this may be more scientific than philosophical, in art philosophy is very, very important, but to this fact, patterns and a sort of statistical paradox may actually occur. The Paradox of Creativity is a paradox that shows the true benefits of creativity, ranging from skills in adaptability, survival, and even good fitness. But, why? I believe that artists are the only ones who can appreciate true beauty, they see the fine details and those details mean much more than the ones the peanut gallery spectates. They have the ability to separate certain emotions at any given time in any given situation. But to do this there has to be a grey area, a blank slate to where they portray the color they want. Such as the canvas they use to make you feel what they project.