• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

11-Year-Old Kidnapped on Roblox by Delaware Man

In Bear, Delaware, a 27-year-old man is charged with the kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl from playing Roblox. Darius Matylewich apparently met the little girl while playing Roblox, a popular gaming platform, and transported her 135 miles from Wayne, New Jersey, to Bear, Delaware without any of her parent’s knowledge. Although the police did not share any information on how she was captured, they were called around 6:45 a.m. on September 10 for a report of a missing child, the girl, who was found soon after. Matylewich was apprehended and is now held in a New Jersey jail, where he will be facing up to 30 years in prison if convicted.

This problem is one that occurs very often, Roblox has over 54 million users active every single day, and nearly half of them are under the age of 13. Roblox states on ABC News that they “have reached out to law enforcement and are offering our help” and “We work tirelessly to prevent grooming on our platform and have a team of thousands of moderators who enforce a strict set of community standards..” Although this may not be Roblox’s fault, what consequences will Roblox face themselves for Matylewich’s actions?