• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Halloween Shooting in Delaware

On Halloween in Salem Woods, Bear, three innocent people were shot. Two boys ages 16-17 and one 20-year-old woman were critically wounded due to the gunfire and outrage that sent a mass of trick-or-treaters running for shelter. New Castle County Police spokesperson, Mike McNasby, shared that this shooting doesn’t seem to be random. A local shared that this also happened last year: a mob of teenagers arrived around the neighborhood and then gunfire went off. Another local from just off Alvin Drive, where the shooting seems to have happened, said the “neighbors heard several pops just a little before 7:55 p.m.” as people then started to take cover behind people’s houses. But how do the locals take this information? Because this isn’t the first time something terrible like this has happened. 

Homeowners in Salem Woods declare that they “will not be handing out candy anymore.” They seem to be tired of the repetitive occurrences of these tragedies. How will these new statements change the younger generations’ lives? No Halloween? Thanks for reading.