• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Merry (Almost) Christmas!

Christmas is right around the corner, and there’s no better time to list fun festivities and activities for December.

Of course, we know that Christmas falls on the 25th of every December, with Christmas Eve falling on the 24th. But what do YOU want to do to make this month more manageable and stress-free? This article can help!

1. Bake some cookies. Enjoying some freshly baked cookies can help give a childhood flavor that you’ve been longing for forever, and it is also a way to spend time with family and provide Santa with a little treat! 
  2. Watch holiday movies. Want to feel even more Christmas? Enjoying movies like Home Alone, The Polar Express, Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer, and even Die Hard (Yes, this is a Christmas movie) can give you more of the spirit you long for while eating Christmas cookies and drinking a nice glass of milk. 
  3. Go outside. Enjoying the cold weather can also give you a pleasant feeling with enjoying the winter weather. Who needs snow anyway? Just make sure to wear a comfy coat! 
  4. Look for community events around your local area- Going to holiday markets or even community gatherings helps elevate the Christmas aesthetic around your neighborhood. It’s also a great way to enjoy being outside and spending time with family. 
  5. Go ice skating- This may be a little hard, but ice skating is also a great way to stay active while enjoying the traditional winter aesthetic. Also, who wouldn’t want to go to an ice skating rink with some hot chocolate? 
  6. Listen to Christmas music. Mariah Carey has defrosted, so listening to Christmas music at the best time of the year will finally give you an excuse to bump those tunes on the aux! Other classics include Wham, Dean Martin, and Brenda Lee. 
  7. Make a good cup of hot chocolate (or coffee)- Enjoying holiday treats in drink form is another way to relax and unwind after a long day. Also, always make sure to make your cocoa with milk instead of water for a richer taste!