• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Godzilla Minus One Performs Well in United States

Japanese film studio Toho, most well known for their Godzilla movies, have released their newest installment to the franchise with their film Godzilla Minus One on December 1st, 2023. Despite the heavy nationalism this franchise has brought with Japan, Toho Godzilla movies have a large fanbase in the United States as well. Godzilla is so loved in the U.S. that multiple American film studios have released their own depictions of the Japanese kaiju monster. In fact, the Legendary Studios Godzilla franchise is still producing Godzilla movies, with their newest installment, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire coming out in April of 2024. This movie, like other installments to the American Godzilla franchise, is expected to do very well in theaters. However, it would seem that it has serious competition with Godzilla Minus One. Since it is a Toho film, it was released in Japan a few weeks earlier than it was in America. However, since America has such a loyal fanbase to the Japanese franchise, the movie was also released in the West, but only for a week. What the producers at Toho studios didn’t expect was for the American box office profits to heavily compete with those in Japan after just two weekends. This success left Japan with no choice but to leave it in theaters for a few extra weekends. This extension may make for some serious competition to Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire in terms of box office revenue.