• 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Draymond Green To Be Suspended Indefinitely

Draymond Green, a forward for the Golden State Warriors, is facing suspension after an altercation with Phoenix Suns center Jusuf Nurkic.

The suspension comes after Green hit Nurkic in the face on Tuesday, which later led to an indefinite suspension beginning immediately, the league announced Wednesday. Green issued an apology, stating, ”As you know, I’m not one to apologize for things I meant to do, but I do apologize to Jusuf. Because I didn’t intend to hit him,” Green said. “I sell calls with my arms.” Green must also go through counseling and meet specific criteria before returning to the league and playing with the Warriors. This has been the third time Green has been ejected from the NBA, with the others being after Green put Rudy Gobert, the center for the Minnesota Timberwolves, in a headlock after Gobert got into an altercation with Klay Thompson, Green’s teammate. 

The suspension also comes with previous aggressive behavior from Green, with last year in the NBA playoffs after Green stepped on power forward and center Domantas Sabonis’s chest, receiving a flagrant two-foul and an automatic ejection. Green has been suspended six times in his career, with two being a month apart this season. 

It is unclear how long the suspension will last, whether Green will ever come back during the rest of the season if the Warriors make it into the playoffs, and if he will play. When Green has been suspended or ejected from games, they’re 2-6, potentially leading to a significant loss as they sit in 11th place in the Western Conference. However, not all is lost, as they still have playmakers such as Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson who can fill their roles to bring them back to the top.