Another Covid-19?

Another Covid-19?

The coronavirus has affected the lives of billions across the globe and has left people wondering “what’s next?”. Well, I believe we have our answer, a new covid-19 strain has been discovered in England and has been reported in at least 8 states in the U.S. The new strain is known as B1.1.7 and is resistant to the covid vaccine we have currently. The scarier part of this infection is that most of those who were found to have B1.1.7 in America had no history of traveling. Officials have explained that this new strain of the virus might overtake covid-19 cases by March. This mutation of Covid, also known as “VUI – 202012/01”, is estimated to be 56% more contagious than the coronavirus(however, this is just an estimation that has yet to be proven through extra testing). While there is no proof that this virus is more deadly, faster transmission means even more hospitals overflowing with cases. There have been over 1,000 covid variations so far but the changes in the virus were so small they made almost no difference, but the B1.1.7 virus is the only mutation so far that made it more contagious. With new strains occurring more and more often all we can hope for is a vaccine that can keep up with Covid-19.