New Covid-Linked Syndrome Attacking the Youth?

The covid-19 virus has been a terrible plague on the world, but mostly affected those with previous conditions or older people. However, that fact has changed as a new syndrome called Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children, also known as MIS-C has been affecting children, even those with no previous diseases or conditions. The syndrome usually began affecting the patient after covid infection. Doctors are still struggling to find the cause and are unsure whether the new covid strain has any effect on MIS-C. The syndrome attacks vital organs, and the cases have been growing in severity. Previously only about half of the children that got MIS-C needed intensive care, but the number has been rising to be 80-90% of the patients needing intensive care. There is some good news on the syndrome however, doctors have been getting more knowledgeable on the treatments they can use to curb the syndrome and rehabilitate the person. While they are still unsure of the cause they have been finding it to be equally devastating across ethnicities. All we can do now is do our best to stay safe and socially distant.