DIAA State Meet Recap

Congrats to our RedWolves T&F team on a record-breaking State Championship meet – our athletes had quite a weekend!

The meet kicked off on Friday night with a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP title for our girls 4X8 relay who bettered their previous best time by 2 seconds and not only nabbed gold medals, but also a Division 2 State Meet record – congrats to Jordan Blanck, Mallory Holloway, Karen Tanner, and Alyssa Napier on this exciting accomplishment, making history winning Conrad’s 1st state championship for a relay team. Competition continued for the girls with Mallory running a season best in the 3200m for a 4th place finish and Karen tying her season best in the long jump for a 6th place finish. On the boys side, the 4X8 (Ulises Vazquez, Ryan Williamson, Seb Bergstrasser, and Joey Dello Buono) ran a season best time and Sebastian finished out competition on the track in the 3200.
We got back at it on Saturday for action on both the track and in the field. Kayla Williams got the meet started in shot put, throwing a school record to finish in 2nd place and our girls 4X2 (Erin Glanz, Safiya Stewart, Kayla, and Shalom Che) started off the action on the track, running close to a season best. Mallory and Jordan faced strong competition in the 1600, with Mallory running a school record and finishing 5th. The girls 4X1 (Burnae Burris-Quarles, Londyn Hutt-Wright, Kayla, and Shalom) ran a school-record breaking time, followed by an exciting 400m seeded race featuring Alyssa and Karen. Alyssa finished 2nd with Karen not far behind in 7th. Rana Jackson had a strong showing in the 300 hurdles, followed by Alyssa and Jordan in the 800, where Alyssa surged in the final 200m for another second place finish. The girls finished the meet with another STATE CHAMPIONSHIP title in the 4X4 relay (Jordan, Erin, Karen, and Alyssa), breaking their school record and bringing home gold! Scoring 58 points, the girls finished the meet in 5th place (out of 22 scoring teams).
Jason Webb kicked off the meet for the boys in the triple jump, where he jumped close to his personal best. The boys 4X2 (Ulises, Brendon Southerland, Tyler Sullivan, and Jason) and 4X1 (Lenniek Preston, Brendon, Gabe Stoppel, and James Nesmith) both broke school records, followed by a school record-breaking performance by Ulises in the 400, with Jason close on his heels. The boys wrapped up the meet with a strong showing in the seeded heat of the 4X4 (Ulises, Joey, Tyler, and JC Santos).

Several athletes look ahead to the final meet of the season on Wed night for the Meet of Champions.