• 4/25- 4/28 Kindness Week
  • 4/10 No School/Grading Day
  • 4/9 Marking Period 3 Ends
  • 3/29-4/5 Spring Break
  • 3/25 Biotech Fair

Bell to Bell No Cell

Bell to Bell No Cell

Welcome Back everyone! With the new year comes a set of new rules and one of them has left a sour taste in many of the students’ mouths. Everyone says goodbye to the good old “ Off and away during the day “ rule as the new “ Bell to Bell- no cell “ has come along. This rule states simply that you can use your phone during the 5 minutes between classes, but once the bell rings the phone has to be turned off and placed into your bag. I went around the school to personally get feedback from a variety of students and staff. To everyone’s surprise, the staff loved it! Many teachers voice their glee as they feel they can connect better with students. High School Social Studies teacher Mr. Kobosko said how he loved it as he wants students to come back to reality and he likes having them focused. Likewise High School Math teacher Mr. Canfield admitted it is helping better himself as well as he said he has a phone issue as well. Students voiced their concerns as they had some feedback. With many students stating they wish they could have their phones in the bathroom in case of emergency, especially personal emergencies in which we need to be in contact with a parent for. Junior Jason R. wished that they were more lenient with the policy in free periods and less academic-based classes like Aiding. There are however a plentiful amount of students who didn’t seem to stress over the rule change and they don’t think it should bother them all too much. Whether you personally like the rule or not, it’s here to stay so we all better get used to it.