• 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Climate Change is Coming Faster Than Ever

Powerful winds, rains, and storms are expected for Earth to live and grow, but droughts? And boiling heat? That is unexpected. The acuteness of this weather has the world wondering what’ll happen next. Researchers have noticed some recent droughts suddenly developing in Northern countries. We have reason to believe they are Flash droughts. What are they? Flash droughts are a more intense and rapid intensification of a drought. It can result in strange and abnormally hot temperatures, winds, and radiation, followed by particularly low-to-no precipitation. Between these two levels of extreme, the weather can quickly convert the local climate. In the UK there have been plenty of droughts, causing fires, and quickly turning heads for its “record-breaking heat”. Is climate change making these extreme weather events come to the surface? As the season is starting to change, from Summer to Autumn, and Autumn to Winter, will we see snow? Are the newer generations ever going to experience what we had?… Happy reading Conrad!