• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Google Looks to Replace Account Passwords With Passkeys

Google announced on Tuesday that they are looking to make passkeys the default way to unlock accounts.

The company stated that passkeys such as 6-digit codes offer more security and are easier to remember. Currently, the default way to unlock an account is through a password. Passkeys are currently available but only as another option and not the official default. 

The passkeys can also be used in several ways such as face ID or fingerprint scan, which is already used by some apps such as WhatsApp and eBay. It is easier to remember than a complex password, according to some users and technologists. However, some people still prefer passwords so that people don’t get into their accounts as easily.

There is no official word when the passkeys will be officially used for logging into an account, but support for passkeys rolled out in May. 

Remembering a password through keychains also helps to get in easier than using a passkey. Adding complex numbers and letters to a password and writing it down helps to remember passwords more efficiently, and also ensures better security when making a passcode.