Beyond Meat Unveils New Product Aimed to Be Even Better

Beyond, the company behind plant-based burgers aims to unveil a new product of burgers that will be better nutritionally and flavorfully. 

The company aims to have better burgers with less sodium and saturated fat than its other plant-based alternatives. The company also wants to release a new version of burgers in the spring, trying to get back the decreasing sales it lost in the last two years, a 29% decrease.

The burgers also used avocado oil, a healthier alternative than vegetable oil, which cuts the saturated fat by 60%. The sodium count also decreased by 20%, and more protein, such as lentils and fava beans, and its existing soy ingredients have been added. However, many critics have criticized plant meat alternatives as being too processed and having too many chemicals compared to real meat, losing consumers at the grocery store. 

“For the last several years, there have been a combination of campaigns and other efforts to try to poison the well regarding the health benefits of plant-based meat,” Beyond Meat CEO, Ethan Brown said. “In the spirit of iron sharpening iron, we’ve tried to create products that are now fully unassailable from a health perspective.”