Kevin Durant Passes Shaq In 8th For All-Time Scoring

Wednesday night against the Sixers marked Kevin Durant passing Shaquille O’Neal for the most points, passing him for 8th place.

The power forward made his mark at Footprint Center in Phoenix, adding his total points to 28,610, compared to Shaq’s 28,596, making Shaq fall a tally as KD set a new record. The power/small forward also scored 22 points last night, giving him a jumpstart to boost the total points scored in his career. 

Durant was drafted in 2007, a second overall pick in the second round by the Seattle Supersonics, now the Oklahoma City Thunder. One of the highest-earning basketball players in the world and one of the most widely regarded, Durant expanded his career for multiple teams across the country, including the Golden State Warriors, the Brooklyn Nets, and now the Phoenix Suns. KD has also played in the Olympics, winning three gold medals on the U.S. Men’s National Team. Additionally, Durant has won two NBA championships, MVP, two Finals MVP, Rookie of the Year, 10x All-NBA, and 14x All-Star. 

Durant is also widely recognized as a top 100 player on and off the court. A future Hall Of Famer at best, so congratulations!