Roe vs Wade

Overturning Roe v. Wade will effect the quality and availability of maternal medical care across the U.S., exacerbating a problem that has been building for years as abortion restrictions have already tightened in parts of the country. The supreme court decision happened in June 24, 2022, it doesn’t mean the fight for laws on reproductive rights should come to an end. Doctors say stricter laws make it more difficult for women to get the most medically appropriate treatments for miscarriage because the medical and surgical procedures to remove a failed pregnancy are the same as those used for an abortion. The consequences may affect future fertility or, in severe cases, increase the risk of maternal death. If someone is having an abortion for medical or personal reasons, government should have no say in it. There are over 407,000 children and youth in foster care, and 34 percent were placed with relatives or kin. I feel like instead of being worried about clumps of cells, we should worry about the thousands of children in foster care.