• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

A Shed of Light Shined On The Tragedy of The Midnight Club

Japan, 1990s- Tales of honor and morality washed in the face of the public when rumored crashes and confirmed fraud arose regarding the leader of Japan’s most infamous racing club. Illegal racing clubs, like these races were most notably held on the Bayshore Route of the Shuto Expressway. Though illegal the Japanese police had a surprising amount of respect and honor for them given the nature of this club. The Midnight Club swore by secrecy, even using an altered ego when together. They also swore by one rule, “to never put other people in danger”. This rule was set in stone and was actually the reason they dispanded in 1999. They disbanded after rumors of a major car crash involving a member of the Midnight Club and seven motorcycles. As for the driver, much information was left in the air, but as for the cyclists, six were hospitalized and one died. This news broke their rule and ultimately became the driving force in their diminishing appearances on the Shuto Express. Though tragic, it would take a tremendous amount of honor and respect for others to give up your life just because you once broke a rule.