• 4/25- 4/28 Kindness Week
  • 4/10 No School/Grading Day
  • 4/9 Marking Period 3 Ends
  • 3/29-4/5 Spring Break
  • 3/25 Biotech Fair

Nationwide Emergency Alert Test

On October 4th, 2023 around 2:20 p.m. ET, there will be a regulated nationwide emergency alert test scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. This test will be sent to all cellular devices and will release a vibration sound. Knowing this, even if it is a test, will this disturb millions? The Federal Emergency Management Agency states that they are running this test specifically for a real emergency. The threats that America may face are innumerable, so this test may be a very good chance for the country. This test will work just like an AMBER alert or other weather alerts. The sound will go off, and there will be a notification. The notification will read “THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed.” It will also include a Spanish version. The only downside to this test is that it will last a total of 30 minutes, but the message will only be sent once and if this message does not work or there is an actual emergency, there will be another backup test run the following week. The only concern must be, what will play out tomorrow…