• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

Daryl Hall Obtains Restraining Order for Former Bandmate John Oates

Daryl Hall, the former bandmate of John Oates, who formed the duo Hall and Oates in 1970, came in a feud over Oates selling a stake in their business.

The restraining order comes after Hall accused Oates of trying to sell stakes relating to their music business, including trademarks, personal names, likeness, royalties, and their websites and social media. Hall has called the feud an “ultimate partnership betrayal” and describes the tumultuous relationship with the former bandmate in a court in Nashville on Wednesday. 

Oates has called the feud “inflammatory, outlandish, and inaccurate” and has only wanted to sell the state to uplift their business relationship further. Oates has also commented that he did not want to make the matter public and only wanted to handle the issue privately, also against the restraining order that a judge ordered to stop the share sale. Oates also says that Hall wants to be more seen as an individual and not as the other half of their duo. 

On the other hand, Hall has said that Oates did not gain his approval to sell the share, hence why he calls the feud a “betrayal.” The lawsuit, which was filed on November 16th by Hall, also gave a temporary restraining order on Oates, claiming that the share cannot move forward without another independent person selling the case in another trial or until the order expires after 15 days. 

Hall and Oates have been a duo for over fifty years, forming in Philadelphia in 1970 and selling over 40 million records. The duo has hits like You Make My Dreams (Come True) and Rich Girl, both of which are loved by music lovers alike.