Marine Helicopter Goes Missing

As I am sure most of you know the recent historic weather changes in California. There have been many severe incidents that have followed the extreme weather conditions such as flooding, extreme winds, and snow. However, as of Tuesday, February 6th, the CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter had gone missing.

This marine helicopter is the largest in the U.S. military and is designed to fly in harsh conditions. However, to our surprise, it has gone missing with five marine troops inside. The last known contact with the helicopter was around 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, and it was last located in San Diego flying back from Creech Air Force Base, just northwest of Las Vegas, where the marines had been doing unit-level training, as defense officials state. 

The waves of heavy downpour and heavy snowfall had hit the area that night, causing all connections from the helicopter to vanish causing panic to the corps. As of today, February 7th, the helicopter has been located but has not yet recovered due to the heavy snowfall surrounding the mountains. Let us hope the marines make it safely out of this situation and back to their families soon. Thank you for reading.