2023 Grammy Recap

The 65th annual Grammys took place on February 5th at 8 pm EST. Although there have been more chaotic Grammy events, the 2023 Grammys did not disappoint. It had its best, worst, and historical moments during the night. One of the best things that happened was Beyoncé became the most-awarded artist in Grammy history thanks to winning the best R&B song, “Cuff It.” Currently, she has a total of 32 Grammys. As good as this may be, the night had a low moment when the artist Bonnie Raitt shockingly won Song of the Year. Even Raitt herself was in shock when her song, “Just Like That,” won against mainstream artists such as Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, Adele, Kendrick Lamar, and Lizzo. Many fans were upset over Raitt’s win as numerous people claimed to have never heard of this song and her before. Despite all this, a historical moment was made when Sam Smith and Kim Petras won a grammy for best Duo/Group Pop Performance. This was seen as history being made because Kim Petras is openly the first transgender woman to win a grammy. It was a memorable night for the music industry, and I look forward to the next grammy event.