• 5/3 No School/Teacher Inservice Day
  • 5/26-5/30 Disney Trip
  • 6/7 Student Last Day
  • 6/1 Conrad Graduation
  • 5/31 Graduation Rehearsal/Senior Picnic
  • 5/24 Senior Last Day
  • 5/6-5/17 AP Testing
  • 5/9-5/24 Senior Speeches
  • 5/27 No School/Memorial Day

OpenAI Shocks World With AI Video Generator

OpenAI released a new AI video generator called SORA on February 15th, 2024. This new hyper-realistic software shows how far AI has come in a short period of time. According to the technology’s capabilities, virtually any prompt can be translated into incredibly realistic video representations. Even things such as your own memories can be recreated in this new software. The capabilities challenge the film industry, possibly boiling down efforts to one person and a computer. The intentions behind the software are to influence those who were too uncertain about film/video production to take their next step forward. SORA will allow those to express their aspirations in video without having to be in front of or even behind a camera. However, not everyone sees the positive influence, but more of the negative. AI has been capable of creating fake photos and voice memos of celebrities into media that diminishes their reputation. Understanding this risk, SORA rolled a safety measure that temporarily allows only a select few trusted people to have access.